Friday, July 9, 2010

My Weigh In - Week 4

OK, not for your benefit but for mine, I'm going to record my weekly weigh in here on my blog, as well as a weekly journal of my health-preservation activities.

For the past 4 weeks, I have been working out daily.  And if you know me, you know I hate working out.  So, this is a genuine accomplishment.  I have been to the gym every day, 6 days/week, missing only one of those days in the span of the 4-week period.

When I have friends there, I play racquetball for about an hour.  When no comrades are present, I spend an hour doing cardio on the machines and about 20 minutes with light, free weights, performing multiple reps. I have been minding my diet, but not counting calories with any measurable accuracy.  This week, with friends in town, I did consume several spoons full of ice cream (with hot fudge... duh).  Otherwise not indulging in treats outside of a couple of grande toffee-nut mochas over the 4-weeks.  And when I had those mochas, they replaced my regular, high fiber breakfast cereal.  My goal is a generally low calorie, low fat, high fiber diet.  I have not measured those things systematically because I am hoping to accomplish a new lifestyle that I can live by long term.  If I measure them, I'm afraid I will think of it more as a diet and go back to my old ways when I reach my optimum weight/size.

Today's weigh in:
220 lbs.  A loss of 5 lbs. in 4 weeks.
(I wish I had lost 10...)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP